Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am looking for the printer driver for HP Officejet 6500 E709N for Monterey OS.

I am looking for the printer driver for HP Officejet 6500 E709N for Monterey OS.

Appreciate it.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 3:19 AM

Hi,

There is an HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update download from Apple. The System Requirements say Not compatible with macOS v12 and newer. An HP Officejet 6500 E709n Series driver version 4.2.2 is mentioned in the no longer updated article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. There have been a few reports about use of this download even under macOS 12 Monterey (for other models), but that would be entirely experimental in this case. It may not work at all, and an installation may be impossible. If you decide to test anything, make sure that backup copies of all important files (such as documents, photos, et cetera) have been made. Software conflicts cannot be ruled out.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 3:19 AM in response to mactutors

Hi,

There is an HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update download from Apple. The System Requirements say Not compatible with macOS v12 and newer. An HP Officejet 6500 E709n Series driver version 4.2.2 is mentioned in the no longer updated article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. There have been a few reports about use of this download even under macOS 12 Monterey (for other models), but that would be entirely experimental in this case. It may not work at all, and an installation may be impossible. If you decide to test anything, make sure that backup copies of all important files (such as documents, photos, et cetera) have been made. Software conflicts cannot be ruled out.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Feb 28, 2022 8:51 PM in response to mactutors

mactutors Said:

"I am looking for the printer driver for HP Officejet 6500 E709N for Monterey OS. Appreciate it. Thank you."

-------

Incompatibility is the Culprit:

You can't use it on your macOS. It is just not compatible. See Here: Software and drivers for HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n - HP

Use a Virtual Machine:

You might be able to use it through use of a Virtual Machine, however.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.