Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xcode app store connect "The Network connection was lost"

Installation info:

I'm using Xcode 13.2.1 (13C100) on my brand new Mac mini (M1, 2020). 16GB Ram, macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Literally new out of the box and fully updated.

I have a hard wired connection to a 1Gb symmetric leased line. My speedtest is 16ms ping, 940Mb/s download / upload, so I know my network is as good as it can ever be.

Yet, every time I try and submit the store from XCODE, I get the dreaded "The network connection was lost"

Archive -> Distribute App -> App Store Connect -> Upload

It does all the checks

I tick all the distribution options

I select "Automatically manage signing"

Then it communicates with Apple. It gets to the signing process, and it signs some of the items / frame works etc. This is where the problem is. It gets so far, and stops. The file it stops in is totally random each time. Sometimes it gets 10%, sometimes 90%.

On a very rare occasion, it gets all the way through and allows me to upload.

I have tried Archive -> Distribute App -> App Store Connect -> Export

But the same thing happens. It bombs out on the signing process, before it produces the IPA.

I have tried every resolution I can think of. Restart XCODE, Mac, Clean Build Folder, signet and back in via preferences to reset the account / certificates etc.

No Change.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 4:33 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 1, 2022 9:02 AM in response to Mike Sharp

There should be a log that will show you where it is failing. Click on the "Report Navigator" (rightmost button) in the Explorer sidebar (lefthand side). Select the line where it fails and you will see a tiny "hamburger"-style button on the far right hand side. Click the hamburger button to view the log details. The answer should be in there.

My guess is that it is a problem with your frameworks. The builds happen in parallel, so where and when it fails is not going to be deterministic.

Mar 1, 2022 9:38 AM in response to MrHoffman

You sir are an absolute genius.

Not sure why I didn't think of this, as its the only non-Apple product I installed. The backup software now comes with anti malware, so I think you are spot on with your diagnosis. I will add the necessary exclusions.

You have saved me hours of work going forward, as I had to try 10 goes to get it to work. Flying now.

Thank you.

Mar 1, 2022 12:01 PM in response to Mike Sharp

Time Machine, Private Relay (part of iCloud+), Hide My Email, SSL/TLS everywhere, app notarization, are (part of) what Apple provides for data security and privacy.

Commercial VPN services are not something I’d trust with my network data (too many “no logs” services were caught logging, and there’ve been reports of added trusted certificates and funky certificate errors which might mean connection interception, etc), and add-on VPNs and add-on cleaner apps and add-on anti-malware and such all tend to introduce as many issues as they address.

xcode app store connect "The Network connection was lost"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.