Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying Notes from One Account To Another

I have two accounts on Apple Notes -- an iCloud and a Gmail account.

I want to COPY (not move) my iCloud notes over to the Gmail account just for a backup (since I don't know of any other way to make a secondary backup of my thousands of iCloud notes).

I highlight my notes, hold OPTION, and drag them over to the Gmail account. But it seems that the notes app on my Mac will not let me copy more than 69 notes at a time.

Is there any way for me to copy my thousands of iCloud notes to another account for backup? At least an easier way.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 9:34 AM

I actually figured it out. For some reason, only one of my note folders would not copy more than 69 notes. But I tried copying notes from another folder and I was able to copy about 100 notes at a time.

The notes simply cannot be shared notes, and they cannot be in a shared folder. But if you highlight the notes themselves, and hold option, you can drag them right into a Gmail notes account (on a Mac).

Now I have a secondary copy. I will periodically re-copy them over to that account for back up.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 9:34 AM in response to tygb

I actually figured it out. For some reason, only one of my note folders would not copy more than 69 notes. But I tried copying notes from another folder and I was able to copy about 100 notes at a time.

The notes simply cannot be shared notes, and they cannot be in a shared folder. But if you highlight the notes themselves, and hold option, you can drag them right into a Gmail notes account (on a Mac).

Now I have a secondary copy. I will periodically re-copy them over to that account for back up.

Copying Notes from One Account To Another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.