You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail truncates right side of email when printing

When using Apple Mail app and printing an email in Portrait mode, the right side of the document is truncated. Landscape doesn't truncate message but that increases the number of pages to be printed. This also happens when printing a web page in portrait mode.

I tried reducing the 'Scale:' size, and print PDF, and 'export as PDF'. They all produce the same results. There isn't a choice for 'scale to fit'.

I received the following redacted email from Apple: (Note that I had to create screen snapshots because we can't include a PDF document attachment.) (See entry below.) I highlighted truncated text and inserted full text to right of entry. As you can see quite a bit of text was cut off.

Why would anyone want to print an email where text is cut off? Why would anyone want to print emails in landscape mode in order to see the full text?

=========================email screen shots=================================

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 9:45 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 1, 2022 9:59 PM in response to djaschke

djaschke Said:

"Apple Mail truncates right side of email when printing: [...]Why would anyone want to print an email where text is cut off? Why would anyone want to print emails in landscape mode in order to see the full text?"

-------

Troubleshooting Trucked Printing:

A. Updates Getting in the Way:

Did you install any recent updates? If so, things may have become misconfigured somehow, in the print system.

B. Reinstall the Drivers:

You may want to uninstall the drivers, and then reinstall them. Important: Get the drivers form the manufacturer, and none other. Elsewise, you may sendup installing malware and just files.

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait for 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another sync.

D. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log int it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your macOS.

as a last resort...

E. Reinstall the macOS:

Go Here: How to Reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Important: First, Back Up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your Mac, prior to making any major changes to it (i.e. update installation)

Apple Mail truncates right side of email when printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.