Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini not working on Netgear MR60

I’m using Netgear Nighthawk Mesh router (AX1800) to connect with my newly purchased HomePod mini. I read a thread saying that if both HomePod mini and iPhone are located next the router, the problem should be fixed. I followed this recommendation but doesn’t work for me. Checked that the firmware of router was updated as well as ios version. The most weird thing is that when I put my iPhone near the satellite, I can connect to the HomePod mini. When i move my phone next the router, the connection will lost again.

Any clues on this situation? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 4:23 AM

I'm afraid I know no more about it than is given in that thread. I have a different router. However this isn't the first thread to hint that HomePods have trouble with mesh routers. Check to see if there is a firmware upgrade in case that option comes along with it. If you've set up the guest network it is important that none of your own Apple devices are given the guest network credentials, HomePods don't work on guest networks which block peer to peer traffic.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 4:23 AM in response to tbyc808

I'm afraid I know no more about it than is given in that thread. I have a different router. However this isn't the first thread to hint that HomePods have trouble with mesh routers. Check to see if there is a firmware upgrade in case that option comes along with it. If you've set up the guest network it is important that none of your own Apple devices are given the guest network credentials, HomePods don't work on guest networks which block peer to peer traffic.

tt2

HomePod mini not working on Netgear MR60

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.