Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini

I have a HomePod mini but it won't register as a home hub. I have done everything, reinstalled the home app, disconnect the wifi, reset the HomePod mini, have all the right setting enable, two factor, I'm using the same Apple ID on all devices, reset my phone, hard and soft, delete everything off my phone start from scratch but still I cannot see hub and bridges. I have all of my devices updated. I can't even see the intercom symbol that should be in the right top corner and I find that weird, its like I need to update the HomeKit but its already updated. This is very frustrating because I cannot use my accessaries remotely and that's one of the main purpose of me using a HomePod mini. I really need help any one has this problem?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 9:35 AM

8 replies

Apr 7, 2022 9:49 AM in response to randolph197

From Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support:

If your home hub isn't working as expected

On your iPhone under Settings > {Your Apple ID} > iCloud make sure that Home is enabled. If it is turn it off, and then back on again.

For further assistance reach out to Apple Support.

tt2

Apr 8, 2022 12:01 PM in response to turingtest2

Finally, I got it to work. What I did was change the region to United States, reset the HomePod mini and after it had reset it registered as a home hub. Once I switch the region and switch it back to my region. Now everything works. My HomePod was already update but the home app was not showing the intercom icon at all. I knew something was wrong. Yay!! I got it thank God. Now I can enjoy my automations and I’m still going to purchase my ATV

Apr 7, 2022 1:14 PM in response to randolph197

As noted try turning options off and back on again. It seems that perhaps the state listed in settings might not correctly reflect dependent settings elsewhere. I.e. something may have changed under the hood meaning the effective state is off, even if the remembered state is on. Toggle all of the relevant options that you can. And try Apple Support if none of that works.

tt2

HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.