Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Garage Door opener in Homekit - not appearing in Carplay

Hi all, I recently installed a Meross Smart Garage Opener and connected to my HomeKit. It shows up and works perfectly fine on the 'Home' app on my phone and Mac, and if I use Siri on my phone it will open/close without issues.

I have seen/read that it would also display a button on the CarPlay home screen when I am driving and within range of my Home - however it doesn't appear to be doing this.

I am running an iPhone XS on 15.3, my HomePod mini hub is on the latest 15.3 OS as well.

I have configured the garage door in Home to have all notifications on, I have turned Siri Suggestions on in CarPlay and also on my phone for the Home app.

Location Services is turned On for my iPhone as well and shared/On for Home app. I'm not sure what else there is?

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 10:49 PM

I don't know if this was an issue on my end or Apple's but I was running IOS 14 - which is also supposed to support the garage in CarPlay - and when I updated my iPhone and turned the Siri recommendations On/Off from the car one more time, the garage door button appeared on my CarPlay. Hope this works for you too!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 10:49 PM in response to BanhMiBandit

I don't know if this was an issue on my end or Apple's but I was running IOS 14 - which is also supposed to support the garage in CarPlay - and when I updated my iPhone and turned the Siri recommendations On/Off from the car one more time, the garage door button appeared on my CarPlay. Hope this works for you too!

Mar 22, 2022 9:32 PM in response to BanhMiBandit

I have the same exact problem which I can't seem to figure out! I have every location service and Siri setting/toggle enabled for Homekit. I can use Siri to open my garage, however I can't seem to get the garage door button on my CarPlay dashboard. I believe it has to do with Siri suggestions, however even though I use the homekit garage opener every time, it still doesn't show up on CarPlay suggestions. Did you manage to find a solution for this?

Mar 23, 2022 4:12 AM in response to alp100

alp100 - no I haven’t figured it out. Like you I’ve had location and notification settings changed back and forth, Siri suggestions turned on etc.

it isn’t a big deal for me as I have a remote in the car but having a CarPlay button would be handy so I don’t have to fish around/look down into the storage area to find the remote (and using Siri voice needs the phone unlocked which isn’t always easy to do whilst driving as well).

Smart Garage Door opener in Homekit - not appearing in Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.