Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove recurring contact photo

Actually a while back I had got iPhone 11, and after I transferred my contacts from my old device to the new one I had got my contacts duplicated the thing is I was able to get rid of the duplicate contacts but now a problem has happened

i don’t know how but a single photo has also got applied to all contacts , it wasn’t like that before

does anyone know how to remove the contact photo all at once pls help it’s really annoying because every contact has the same photo now🥺😐😐

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:50 AM

Cobrabot Said:

"How to remove recurring contact photo: [...]i don’t know how but a single photo has also got applied to all contacts[...]"

-------

Why the Issue?...

Probably because of a duplicated being deleted. So,...

Three Things to Try:

A. Disable/Enable Contacts::

Enable, then disable, Contacts on your iPhone, so that all resyncs.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is grey in-color)
  5. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green in-color)

B. Restarting the iPhone:

Did you just install an Update? Being just installed, start with a restart:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

C. Trying a New iCloud Session:

Try logging out of iCloud, restart the iPhone (as mentioned above), and then log in.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 6:50 AM in response to Cobrabot

Cobrabot Said:

"How to remove recurring contact photo: [...]i don’t know how but a single photo has also got applied to all contacts[...]"

-------

Why the Issue?...

Probably because of a duplicated being deleted. So,...

Three Things to Try:

A. Disable/Enable Contacts::

Enable, then disable, Contacts on your iPhone, so that all resyncs.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is grey in-color)
  5. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green in-color)

B. Restarting the iPhone:

Did you just install an Update? Being just installed, start with a restart:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

C. Trying a New iCloud Session:

Try logging out of iCloud, restart the iPhone (as mentioned above), and then log in.

Mar 3, 2022 7:04 AM in response to TheLittles

I don’t have iCloud , I actually shifted from android to iPhone ..and used that app in play store to transfer my data and I’ve not changed the settings of iCloud and my contacts thing is in green (what u mentioned in first option)🤔

i also noticed that the photo isn’t actually there when I try to edit the contact ( it has the default letter photo)but it’s the the photo which appears when I try to call the person 😐🥲🥲

Mar 3, 2022 7:18 AM in response to Cobrabot

Cobrabot Said:

"I don’t have iCloud , I actually shifted from android to iPhone ..and used that app in play store to transfer my data and I’ve not changed the settings of iCloud and my contacts thing is in green (what u mentioned in first option)[...]"

-------

iCloud & Android Photos:

If you have an Apple Account, then you have iCloud. However, Android and iOS are two separate platforms. So, they may not sync through iCloud. Seems you'll have to get those phots from you android phon photo library, and then upload them to your iPhone Contacts Library.

How to remove recurring contact photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.