Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep a sensitive folder ONLY on iCloud?

So yeah, I've got some photos, videos, files, and such that I would like to ONLY have in a private folder on iCloud Drive and not be in my Recent Files area or synced to my desktop and MacBook where they get mixed in with search results and such when just using my MacBook.

I can only seem to find a way to keep them locally only, and not on iCloud Drive. Surely there's an opposite?

I currently keep them on Dropbox and am looking to ditch Dropbox entirely. Just want a spot in my drive to keep stuff that is "archived" only.

Any way to do this or am I misunderstanding something?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 6:57 AM

You can create a folder in finder > iCloud Drive Organise files in folders on Mac - Apple Support , right click over it and use get info , open the small golden padlock by entering admin password , lock the folder and close the window see the articles Lock a document on Mac - Apple Support

Change permissions for files, folders or disks on Mac - Apple Support

Again right click on the locked folder and copy it .

Open finder > Go > home > iCloud Drive ( archive ) right click in the column and paste it .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Garrett Bryant

You can create a folder in finder > iCloud Drive Organise files in folders on Mac - Apple Support , right click over it and use get info , open the small golden padlock by entering admin password , lock the folder and close the window see the articles Lock a document on Mac - Apple Support

Change permissions for files, folders or disks on Mac - Apple Support

Again right click on the locked folder and copy it .

Open finder > Go > home > iCloud Drive ( archive ) right click in the column and paste it .

Keep a sensitive folder ONLY on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.