Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change apple id in ipad will it lose content

If I change the apple id to an iPad, will the apps in the ipad and progress inside the games inside the apps be lost

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 3:07 PM

Here’s what you should do.

Other relevant articles:

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 3:07 PM in response to Alfredooga

Here’s what you should do.

Other relevant articles:

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Alfredooga

It depends on what “Change the Apple ID” means exactly. If it means:

• Changing to a new email address that belongs to you as follows, you’ll lose nothing. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support
  • Change to someone else’s Apple ID, whether it’s new or not, you will lose everything as you should. Each person has their own, unique Apple ID and owns whatever belongs to her/him.

Mar 3, 2022 2:48 PM in response to sberman

Thanks a lot Sberman.

In this case my kid had an iPad, but was using his moms apple id.

We just bought him a new iPad and found out that we also can create a kids apple id.

So we want to set up his new iPad with his new apple id, but at the same time we want to transfer everything he had in the old iPad.

So wanted to change the old iPad to the my kids new apple id.

So in this case if I do so the old iPAd will lose all the info.

Do you have any recommendation on how to pass the info from the old ipad to the new one?

Change apple id in ipad will it lose content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.