Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers monthly budget

My transactions I enter in transactions sheet do not automatically post to budget sheet

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 10:22 AM

I am assuming you used the Personal Budget template to create this document.

Have you checked the formula(s) in column C of the Summary by Category table on the Budget sheet?

In cell C2, it should look like the one shown under the table above.

Transactions::C is the column of the Transactions table containing the category to which you have assigned each transaction.

A2 (on 'this table' contains the name of the category to be summed on 'this row' of 'this table' ('this table' is the table containing the formula)

Transactions::D is the column of the Transactions table containing the amount of each transaction.

IF your Mac is set to a region where the period is used as the decimal separator (eg. $123.45) the formula should loo like the one shown.

If your region uses the comma as the decimal separator (eg. 123,45€ )

replace the two commas in the formula with semi colons. ( ; ).

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Billy2323—

I am assuming you used the Personal Budget template to create this document.

Have you checked the formula(s) in column C of the Summary by Category table on the Budget sheet?

In cell C2, it should look like the one shown under the table above.

Transactions::C is the column of the Transactions table containing the category to which you have assigned each transaction.

A2 (on 'this table' contains the name of the category to be summed on 'this row' of 'this table' ('this table' is the table containing the formula)

Transactions::D is the column of the Transactions table containing the amount of each transaction.

IF your Mac is set to a region where the period is used as the decimal separator (eg. $123.45) the formula should loo like the one shown.

If your region uses the comma as the decimal separator (eg. 123,45€ )

replace the two commas in the formula with semi colons. ( ; ).

Regards,

Barry

Numbers monthly budget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.