Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal budget in Numbers

I’ve successfully used this for a month, but now I’m on the second month, the transactions don’t show in the budget. I have changed the categories in each sheet. I have tried both to use the same sheet by deleting the data & I have opened a new spreadsheet when that didn’t work. It worked before, so what am I doing wrong now?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 8:42 AM

Hi, Many thanks for your response. I’ve discovered what happened. I inadvertently deleted all the data, including the formulae in the cells, so that’s why it didn’t work. It’s taken all day to work out! I have found the expanded template that you mention & have started to use that, now that I know where I went wrong. It is much easier than sorting out every month. Luckily, it is now working perfectly.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 8:42 AM in response to SGIII

Hi, Many thanks for your response. I’ve discovered what happened. I inadvertently deleted all the data, including the formulae in the cells, so that’s why it didn’t work. It’s taken all day to work out! I have found the expanded template that you mention & have started to use that, now that I know where I went wrong. It is much easier than sorting out every month. Luckily, it is now working perfectly.

Personal budget in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.