Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware Password FAILURE - OS Downgrade Issues

TLDR

2019 MBP Intel-Based T2 Security Chip

Firmware Locked, not because of forgotten password, but because the system failed to capture the user input accurately if at all.

Why would an Apple partner repair store charge for this repair, especially when the device is covered under AppleCare+ 3 Years and still well within the Limited Warranty?

Can I chalk this up to a misunderstanding or a partner issue, or should I expect a fee for this fix regardless of who is doing the work? If so, please read the full disclosure that's been attached and be prepared to defend your reasoning.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 2:09 PM

mflanigan11 wrote:

<Expand This.log>

TLDR

Firmware Locked, not because of forgotten password, but because the system failed to capture the user input accurately if at all.

Why would an Apple partner repair store charge for this repair, especially when the device is covered under AppleCare+ 3 Years and still well within the Limited Warranty?

Can I chalk this up to a misunderstanding or a partner issue, or should I expect a fee for this fix regardless of who is doing the work? If so, please read the full disclosure that's been attached and be prepared to defend your reasoning.

call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

or

Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 2:09 PM in response to mflanigan11

mflanigan11 wrote:

<Expand This.log>

TLDR

call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

or

Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Firmware Password FAILURE - OS Downgrade Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.