Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra "installed" but did not actually upgrade my Macbook

Hi, I have an old version of High Sierra and decided to update to its latest version available. After AppStore has successfully downloaded and installed, I checked my laptop and it's still on the old version. No message appeared to do anything when I clicked on the "About This Mac" under Apple logo. I already tried restarting and my battery is beyond 80%. I don't know if the storage's affecting it but I still have 38GB left.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 7:13 PM

The most recent version of macOS supported with that Mac is Monterey.

Once the app store has downloaded the Monterey installer, you’ll need to run it to upgrade

Here are the instructions: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

All of your apps will need to be 64-bit, including all of your printer drivers and scanner drivers. use the Go64 tool to find 32-bit apps and tools that will need to be replaced, updated, upgraded, or retired.

have a complete backup prior to upgrade.

You’re probably going to be tight in space.

I’ve reposted the Mac information below, without the serial number.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2022 7:13 PM in response to heyhump

The most recent version of macOS supported with that Mac is Monterey.

Once the app store has downloaded the Monterey installer, you’ll need to run it to upgrade

Here are the instructions: How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

All of your apps will need to be 64-bit, including all of your printer drivers and scanner drivers. use the Go64 tool to find 32-bit apps and tools that will need to be replaced, updated, upgraded, or retired.

have a complete backup prior to upgrade.

You’re probably going to be tight in space.

I’ve reposted the Mac information below, without the serial number.

High Sierra "installed" but did not actually upgrade my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.