Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Code

Okay so I bought an Apple Watch from this guy a few months ago and he claimed it was unlocked when there’s an activation code and he gave his iCloud info and his accounts locked. And I’ve tried multiple times to ask him to help and he’s been rude. I went to apple and didn’t show for my appointment that I needed , but would messages be proof of purchase ?

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 7:19 AM

No. The ONLY proof of purchase which is acceptable to Apple is the Original Purchase Receipt with the device serial number on it. Anything else is worthless. You have clearly been duped. If whoever you purchased the watch from does not remove the watch from their account or refuses to help you, the watch is useless and should be recycled as it's worthless and useless to you.

This is the risk one takes when buying used devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 7:19 AM in response to khya32

No. The ONLY proof of purchase which is acceptable to Apple is the Original Purchase Receipt with the device serial number on it. Anything else is worthless. You have clearly been duped. If whoever you purchased the watch from does not remove the watch from their account or refuses to help you, the watch is useless and should be recycled as it's worthless and useless to you.

This is the risk one takes when buying used devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Activation Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.