Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tiny pictures and videos iphone to iphone — how to fix on sender’s end?

my iphone just started making all videos small (my parents say pictures small too) — iphone to iphone, what happened? — never have had this issue before. how do i fix it on my end so it gets back to normal? the tiny pictures/videos aren’t ok

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 9:13 AM

it was happening in imessage (blue bubble conversation) when i would send a picture (just from my photo roll) or a video (same, from photos). i restarted my phone and nothing changed. i restarted a second time and everyone reporting now that they are arriving like normal.

2 replies

Mar 6, 2022 8:46 AM in response to LisaAMB

Hello LisaAMB, 

We have a couple questions, to make sure we’re on the same page with your question. How are you sending the data? AirDrop, email, as a text message, etc? Are you seeing an indicator on the data itself saying it is small, such as a watermark? Is the file size small or is the image itself in a smaller box than you’d expect? Lastly, do you sync your pictures with iCloud? You can verify that in Settings > your name > iCloud > Photos.

A few general steps you can take with your device to troubleshoot and isolate - Restart your iPhone

Thanks.

tiny pictures and videos iphone to iphone — how to fix on sender’s end?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.