Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight indexing problem

Since I changed my MacBook Pro from a late 2013 model to a mid-2015 model or since I upgraded Mac OS High Sierra to Mojave or since I increased the size of the memory card or its content, Spotlight doesn't index the memory card. I saw a similar post by the Great Nero on August 31, 2020, and reset the SMC but it made no difference. Any idea on how to resolve the problem?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 9:11 AM

Naturetruthseeker wrote:

Since I changed my MacBook Pro from a late 2013 model to a mid-2015 model or since I upgraded Mac OS High Sierra to Mojave or since I increased the size of the memory card or its content, Spotlight doesn't index the memory card. I saw a similar post by the Great Nero on August 31, 2020, and reset the SMC but it made no difference. Any idea on how to resolve the problem?

Verify you are mounted on the external

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 9:11 AM in response to Naturetruthseeker

Naturetruthseeker wrote:

Verify you are mounted on the external

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Spotlight indexing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.