Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to loop a short video on Apple TV

I have a 15-minute video (MP4) that I need to loop endlessly on a smart TV in an office waiting room. I have an Apple TV 4K set up with this TV, but the video needs to play directly from the Apple TV as there is no Mac or iPhone associated with the Apple ID and this Apple TV. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:19 PM

When you plug the thumb drive into the TV it'll pop-up an option to play music/video or view photos. If you miss that, the LG home screen will allow you to select the USB port alongside HDMI ports, etc. You'll figure it out. The "Repeat" switch is seen in the lower-right of the player.

5 replies

Mar 6, 2022 5:38 PM in response to Larry McJunkin

I'm pretty sure you can place any old macbook on the same LAN segment and AirPlay to the ATV4K using the native QuickTime player on a loop without regard to the Apple IDs involved.

It also occurs to me that most modern TVs can play such video files off of a USB thumb drive - it'll likely have a repeat/loop function in the native player (my LG TV can do this out-of-the-box). Repurpose the ATV4K for more interesting use... keep it simple :-).

Mar 6, 2022 6:52 PM in response to bgmeek

Thanks, bgmeek. The ATV is already set up with the TV and it's a brand new LG, but I don't see the native player on it, but I'm sure it has to be there. Our video I want to play endlessly during an open house is on YouTube and when playing it in a browser this is easy...just right-click and select "Loop" and it will play until stopped. But playing the video in the ATV YouTube app doesn't offer me a choice to loop the video...or at least I haven't found out how to do it. I can put the video on a thumb drive but I don't see how to play it on the TV.

How to loop a short video on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.