Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection to Printer/Scanner

I purchased a new MAC and connected my Canon printer MX350 to it. I used this same printer with my prior MAC. With the prior MAC I could log into System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, and make a choice of either printing on the MX350 of scanning. I no longer have that option. When I go to Printers and Scanners I only have the option to print. I don't know whether this is an issue with the printer or the MAC. However, I need to be able to scan. Can you help?

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 3:12 PM

To scan, please use the Image Capture app. IC is already installed. Please refer to

Scan images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 7, 2022 10:27 AM in response to raven549

I think I can help. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider which may be useful. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. In your case, you are connecting to a new computer with a different operating system. Then a new OS compliant software must be installed. What you can do is to thoroughly check the vendor's web site for updated compliant software that works. If none is available, then you should ask when it will be released. If that doesn't work, you can try scanning using Apple's Image Capture app as suggested. It will scan, but is not full featured. Another alternative is to download and try the full featured scanner software from VueScan. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

Connection to Printer/Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.