Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Charter font on my M1 iMac - Monterrey

I noticed someone else had this problem and it was solved by fixing printer settings. on their home printer. I sent something to print-on-demand service and while it looked fine in e-proof, on the printed pages, italic s, g, and e did not take the ink/ was very faint. I probably did open the original word doc in pages. attaching an example but actually looked worse on paper.. the screenshot seems to fill in a bit.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 6:44 AM

There may be an issue with the print service. Here is the same prose created in Word 16.58 and saved as a Word DOCX, and PDF, then the latter opened in the current Adobe Acrobat Reader DC at 150%:

The Word document opened in Pages v11.2 (Monterey 12.2.1) at 150%:

And the above Pages content exported as PDF Best and opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC at 150%:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 6:44 AM in response to ilori

There may be an issue with the print service. Here is the same prose created in Word 16.58 and saved as a Word DOCX, and PDF, then the latter opened in the current Adobe Acrobat Reader DC at 150%:

The Word document opened in Pages v11.2 (Monterey 12.2.1) at 150%:

And the above Pages content exported as PDF Best and opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC at 150%:

Mar 7, 2022 8:20 AM in response to VikingOSX

The word doc opened in pages above looks the best. It really changes a lot in Acrobat.

I probably copy pasted this from the word doc into Indesign. Then exported to pdf from that.

Here is a screenshot of my e-proof:

But actually, I just now opened the word doc in pages and pasted the text into Indesign, just to make sure that's what I did: and text did not come out like the pages doc.. s was like the word examples. So could be that this italic font doesnt play well in Indesign. Maybe on top of that, the italic font didn't translate very well to pdf, (s's are totally different in both cases). It may also be a printer problem. Thanks for that investigation.

Problem with Charter font on my M1 iMac - Monterrey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.