Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf viewer can't print

How can I stop opening to pdf viewer when I open a pdf online? I need to print documents but all I get is viewer which I cannot print from. HELP!

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 3:55 PM

What are you calling the "viewer"?

When you Option key -> Left mouse click your PDF ends up in your Users - >yourname -> Downloads folder.

You can open the document from there using Preview App.

Preview is able to print with a simple command-P.

If you get a popup window that shows the PDF that's called Quicklook, and an option to "Open in Preview" in the top of the window. If you don't like Preview's capabilities, you can go to http://www.adobe.com/ to download Adobe Acrobat Reader and use it to open PDFs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 3:55 PM in response to firstmac12

What are you calling the "viewer"?

When you Option key -> Left mouse click your PDF ends up in your Users - >yourname -> Downloads folder.

You can open the document from there using Preview App.

Preview is able to print with a simple command-P.

If you get a popup window that shows the PDF that's called Quicklook, and an option to "Open in Preview" in the top of the window. If you don't like Preview's capabilities, you can go to http://www.adobe.com/ to download Adobe Acrobat Reader and use it to open PDFs.

Mar 7, 2022 3:31 AM in response to firstmac12

Compress the PDF viewer App itself and delete the stand alone App. That will force the browser built-in viewer to run. It offers a floating icon when you hover over the bottom of the document window to offer you the chance to print or open in Preview. The Preview App can print the document as well.

If you want to, you can Option click the link to get to the PDF to download the file and then open in the Preview or Adobe Acrobat Reader application.

Mar 7, 2022 3:50 AM in response to a brody

ok so all I want to do is print however it is easiest. Option click the link to bring up options to open the link to reader or something would bee easiest I would assume. How to I "option click link"???

I have tried holding down "option" whilst clicking which just opens it to viewer again???

Sorry I sound so dumb but I am a windows user and Macs are just not playing the game for me

pdf viewer can't print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.