Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it really true that I cannot watch a movie like MacBeth or West Side Story on my Apple TV subscription on my Samsung with Fire Stick TV? Only on my Apple I-Pad or I-Phone (if I had one)?

Is it really true that I cannot watch a movie like MacBeth or West Side Story on my Apple TV subscription on my Samsung with Fire Stick TV? Only on my Apple I-Pad or I-Phone (if I had one)?

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 6:22 PM

All the Apple TV+ content is meant to be accessible on all supported hardware, including Fire TV.

• The Tragedy of Macbeth (2021) is on Apple TV+.
  • West Side Story (2021) is on Disney+ and HBO Max by subscription. Also available for Buy from Apple iTunes Store. Not included with Apple TV+.

On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can purchase content on another supported device, to watch it in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 6:22 PM in response to crapsout

All the Apple TV+ content is meant to be accessible on all supported hardware, including Fire TV.

• The Tragedy of Macbeth (2021) is on Apple TV+.
  • West Side Story (2021) is on Disney+ and HBO Max by subscription. Also available for Buy from Apple iTunes Store. Not included with Apple TV+.

On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can purchase content on another supported device, to watch it in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device.

Mar 7, 2022 6:21 PM in response to crapsout

If you are referring to the following from Download and stream shows and movies from Apple TV+ and Apple TV channels - Apple Support

You can't download content from the Apple TV app on Apple TV, smart TVs, streaming devices, and on tv.apple.com.

that means only what it says -- that you can't download. You can stream to a Fire Stick TV. See: Apple TV app - Devices - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.