Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 iMac won't update to Big Sur OR Monterey

I have a 2019 iMac running on Catalina. I completely forgot to upgrade to Big Sur, and would like to update it to that OR Monterey. When I go into software update in system preferences, I get a spinning wheel. When I go to manually download Big Sur from the app store, I get a "finding updates" message with the blue progress bar stuck on full, nothing else happens. HELP! thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 9:39 AM

You original post mentioned "When I go to manually download Big Sur from the app store, ..." so I wasn't certain that you tried Monterey.

If neither of the methods in step 3 of How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support will work, you may want to contact Apple Support. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 9:39 AM in response to Sara Stathas1

You original post mentioned "When I go to manually download Big Sur from the app store, ..." so I wasn't certain that you tried Monterey.

If neither of the methods in step 3 of How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support will work, you may want to contact Apple Support. There is a Get Support link at the top right of this page.

2019 iMac won't update to Big Sur OR Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.