Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac book air has 92 GB of system data taking up space.

My mac book air 2015 is saying that there is 92 GB of system data taking up space. i cleared everything off my computer to see if it would help and even got a clean my Mac software to get rid of extra junk. it is still saying this. I really don’t want to buy another laptop. Mine is in great condition- I just need storage.

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 6:20 PM

Please read See used and available storage space on your Mac - Apple Support. Pay particular attention to the description of System Data.

You may find neuroanatomist's User Tip helpful: What is "Other" storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out? - Apple Community. What Apple used to label "Other" is now labeled "System Data".

"even got a clean my Mac software to get rid of extra junk"

Never install anything like that. Any non-Apple product offering to "clean" a Mac is categorically junk. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk. Hopefully it did not mess up your system already.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 6:20 PM in response to Hadleyy

Please read See used and available storage space on your Mac - Apple Support. Pay particular attention to the description of System Data.

You may find neuroanatomist's User Tip helpful: What is "Other" storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out? - Apple Community. What Apple used to label "Other" is now labeled "System Data".

"even got a clean my Mac software to get rid of extra junk"

Never install anything like that. Any non-Apple product offering to "clean" a Mac is categorically junk. Rule 1 of Macs is don't install junk. Hopefully it did not mess up your system already.

My Mac book air has 92 GB of system data taking up space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.