Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro track and crop

Hi, I'm trying to to cut some stuff from a landscape video to be vertical and crop it for some tiktoks, My question is how to I get the crop to move side to side following a person with the tracking feature, I have got the tracker ready I just don't understand how I can link it to the crop so the subject says in centre shot

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 6:52 PM

Did you get a solution to this? If not, if you don't mind manual tracking then I might have something you can use.

(original 16:9 upper left)

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 18, 2022 9:12 AM in response to wilhelm273

I have wanted to help, but I am at a loss as to how you might go about this in FCP.

The thing is, by tracking, e.g., the girl's face, you could add something that might move, rotate, or scale with it.

But what you are trying to do is sort of a "reverse tracking", i.e., you do not want something to follow her, but instead you want the crop (or trim, or transform) to compensate for it, so as to keep the girl inside the frame...

I will have to think more about this...

MAYBE you could do it in Motion, by having a Camera track her face?

Final Cut Pro track and crop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.