Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use the Apple TV without paying for a subscription to Apple TV? I don't want to watch Apple TV. I want to use the box for the apps. I have a firestick, but that doesn't require me to have Amazon Prime.

Can I use the Apple TV without paying for a subscription to Apple TV? I don't want to watch Apple TV. I want to use the box for the apps. I have a firestick, but that doesn't require me to have Amazon Prime.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:19 PM

number1deadly wrote:

Yes, the Apple TV hardware / streaming devices operate independently from the optional Apple TV+ subscription-based streaming service. Like the Fire TV and Roku devices, many apps are freely available that may or may not depend on their own subscription service.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 8:19 PM in response to number1deadly

number1deadly wrote:

Yes, the Apple TV hardware / streaming devices operate independently from the optional Apple TV+ subscription-based streaming service. Like the Fire TV and Roku devices, many apps are freely available that may or may not depend on their own subscription service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.