Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App

Why am I all of a sudden unable to create new folders either in iCloud Drive or “on my iPhone” in the files app? And why are new downloads sitting t zero percent in there as well?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 11:36 PM

What happens when you open the Files app and then choose to create a New Folder?

Double Check a setting: Open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ iCloud Drive: Ensure that this is set to ON. If it is already set to ON then you may also try to toggle it OFF and then back ON again.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 11:36 PM in response to a_r_kitekt

What happens when you open the Files app and then choose to create a New Folder?

Double Check a setting: Open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ iCloud Drive: Ensure that this is set to ON. If it is already set to ON then you may also try to toggle it OFF and then back ON again.

Axel F.

Mar 11, 2022 9:14 PM in response to Axel Foley

i get all the way to enter the name of the new folder, but then the "done" option up top, no matter how many times i'd hit it, nor how long i'd wait for it to catch up, it was like it was a dead button. i would have to just not create a folder. it finally started working today out of nowhere, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me and i want to know what happened. apple was once a tech pioneer **** bent on producing the best and newest tech out there, now theyre mcdonalds - just a real estate company who have gotten too big to care whether or not their stuff is any good. as long as theres an apple on the back of it, they can box a dog turd and not only will they sell it, theyll defend it. support people have become text fodder, none of tehm have a clue how to operate the equipment, if they even answer me, and have me do the same 5 generic "fixes" that i tell them ive tried 9 times, then i end up figuring it out for them (not kidding, the lst 4 times, i end up solving the problem and they have all been proud as can be of themselves) and they have the guts to send me a survey. If android didnt sduck so very bad, or tehre were anything even remotely comparable to the app interface and organization software that steve jobs introduced, apple would be doomed under current leadership. obviously im salty at more than software malfunctioning, and have nothing nice to say so i guess ill shut up now.

last thing - fix siri or get rid of her - i literally dropped f bombs at a voice on a cell phone today for never doing anything correctly. yall fed her paint chips didnt you

Files App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.