Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

archive in Mac mail

I archived important messages on a regular base in Mac mail.

But now when I need some information and would look back into the archive, there is nothing.

On my Mac/ Archive shows nothing!

I really get nervous when I lost all the archived mail.

How to check whether the mails still exist and where to find them.

Next question will be how to make the Archive mailbox working.

I hope that some one can help me out.

BTW I am running Big Sur.

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 9:58 PM

Hi there!

You’ve probably already done this, but to make sure none are hidden you can hover the cursor to the right of that “On My Mac” section and click the little arrow to “show” in case they’re hidden.

Some email providers such as Gmail also provide an Archive folder (Also known as All Mail), as some others. Did you copy these emails separately to the On My Mac Archive folders? Likewise, if you did and have a successful Time Machine backup, they should be restorable.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 9:58 PM in response to Lance.scs

Hi there!

You’ve probably already done this, but to make sure none are hidden you can hover the cursor to the right of that “On My Mac” section and click the little arrow to “show” in case they’re hidden.

Some email providers such as Gmail also provide an Archive folder (Also known as All Mail), as some others. Did you copy these emails separately to the On My Mac Archive folders? Likewise, if you did and have a successful Time Machine backup, they should be restorable.

Mar 10, 2022 6:14 AM in response to Lance.scs

Lance.scs Mac Mail Archive

Do you have any other email accounts ? I see archive in Mac mail under my iCloud address , but not in my Comcast/ Xfinity … so I added one , but they're not the same . When I check my Comcast email online , there is no archive . There is " notes " , but no notes in Mac mail under Comcast . I hope I didn't make this confusing , just wanted to share my similar experience .

🤷‍♀️

archive in Mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.