Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cancel icloud documents upload

My Documents directory was empty this morning in the Finder but I could see files there in the terminal. It looked like this was a "Desktop and Documents Folder" iCloud issue, so I went into preferences and found it was already turned off. So I toggled it on and off to make sure it was off and now my Mac is uploading an increasingly large number of files (started with 30k files and 2.99GB and is now at 60k and 3.43GB) to iCloud and the files are missing in the terminal as well as the finder. All my files are on Time Machine so it's no big deal to get them back, but even after deleting the Desktop, Downloads, and Documents folder from iCloud Drive in the finder, the upload is continuing.

How can I stop the upload that shouldn't be happening because I have iCloud storage turned off for these files?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 8:05 AM

Solution:

Delete Documents, Desktop, and Downloads folders from iCloud and empty trash

Wait for upload to stop

Reboot

Restore from Time Machine

Hope all the Library permissions are correct and apps like Final Cut Pro continue to work

Similar questions

2 replies

cancel icloud documents upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.