Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Airpods

Bought used AirPods and after Factory resetting them I still get the message saying the old owner can track my location. I’ve lost contact with them and can’t ask them to forget the device. How can I remove them from their iCloud account so they don’t track me anymore?

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 9:25 PM

SammyQL Said:

"Apple Airpods: Bought used AirPods and after Factory resetting them I still get the message saying the old owner can track my location. I’ve lost contact with them and can’t ask them to forget the device. How can I remove them from their iCloud account so they don’t track me anymore? "

-------

Reset a Few Times:

Resetting these a few times(more than once) should work like a charm. If no success, then, I'd say trash them, being you have lost contact with the person. Moreover, learn form this, knowing to always have the seller disassociate a device from their own account, prior to selling it to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 9:25 PM in response to SammyQL

SammyQL Said:

"Apple Airpods: Bought used AirPods and after Factory resetting them I still get the message saying the old owner can track my location. I’ve lost contact with them and can’t ask them to forget the device. How can I remove them from their iCloud account so they don’t track me anymore? "

-------

Reset a Few Times:

Resetting these a few times(more than once) should work like a charm. If no success, then, I'd say trash them, being you have lost contact with the person. Moreover, learn form this, knowing to always have the seller disassociate a device from their own account, prior to selling it to you.

Apple Airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.