Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for updates

Hello, yesterday I bought a MacBook Pro and unfortunately there was a problem that I can not solve. I wanted to install teams or Discord applications, but I need Rosset to download. After trying to install, I keep getting the error "Unable to check for updates. Make sure you are connected to the internet." However, I have the Internet (Safarii works normally and the AppStore store). The same message pops up after entering the settings and checking for updates. Please help. Hello, yesterday I bought a MacBook Pro from you and unfortunately there was a problem that I can not solve. I wanted to install applications such as teams or Discord, but Rosset is required to download. After trying to install I still get the error "Unable to check for updates. Make sure you are connected to the Internet." entering settings and checking for updates Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 4:43 AM

kacper147 wrote:

Hello, yesterday I bought a MacBook Pro and unfortunately there was a problem that I can not solve. I wanted to install teams or Discord applications, but I need Rosset to download. After trying to install, I keep getting the error "Unable to check for updates. Make sure you are connected to the internet." However, I have the Internet (Safarii works normally and the AppStore store). The same message pops up after entering the settings and checking for updates. Please help. Hello, yesterday I bought a MacBook Pro from you and unfortunately there was a problem that I can not solve. I wanted to install applications such as teams or Discord, but Rosset is required to download. After trying to install I still get the error "Unable to check for updates. Make sure you are connected to the Internet." entering settings and checking for updates Please help.

Rosetta is used on the M1 macs for running Intel applications.

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034561191-Desktop-Installation-Guide

Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps

Allow third party apps,

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 4:43 AM in response to kacper147

kacper147 wrote:

Rosetta is used on the M1 macs for running Intel applications.

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034561191-Desktop-Installation-Guide

Download Microsoft Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps

Allow third party apps,

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Unable to check for updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.