Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IKEA Trådfri Tradfri and HOMEKIT

I have since several years a several IKEA trådfri lamps and a IKEA gateway to control them by HomeKit. It has been working so so over the years. Slow, lamps have disappeared sometimes and I have been forced to restart all units from time to time. Still, The HOMEKIT app has been working better than the IKEA app so I used the Apple app. But for a couple of month ago, the system, more or less totally stop working. I reseted the whole system and integration and put it up again. I found to my surprice that the IKEA app now was working flawless! Instant response and no failures att all. It is totally stabil! But, APPLE HomeKit still does not work. Nor in iPhone nor from iMac This is so frustrating and I really want to use HomeKit as I like the Siri connection and other features. For me, it must be a fundamental differens between how the two different apps are communication. I have around 100 lamps in the system, the IKEA app reacts within a second or two to put on and off all lamps. HomeKit, when it worked it took more like a minute! I would apreciate any information about the differens or even better any solutions. And yes, have have updated all firmwares everywhere!

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 3:55 PM

had to reset the homekit connection a few times using the trådfri app when it begin to misbehave and set it up once more from scratch

Similar questions

1 reply

IKEA Trådfri Tradfri and HOMEKIT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.