Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro microphone doesn’t function with certain apps

I’ve been testing my AirPods Pro with certain apps, it seems like AirPods Pro’s microphone doesn’t work with some of the apps (全民party, WeSing etc) while it works perfectly fine for WhatsApp voice recording, some video calls.

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:53 AM

Crazy_love Said:

"AirPods Pro microphone doesn’t function with certain apps: Obviously it’s connectivity is not wifi, by further I meant few steps back. Just a few steps and the results are obvious enough to prove it is not using the AirPods Pro’s microphone."

-------

Troubleshooting Interference:

Why the Sound Issue?

If this is occurring just a few seps back, then there is interference of sorts.

So, Two Links to Refer to:

No Success?:

Get these replaced: AirPods Replacement, Service, and Repair - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 11:53 AM in response to Crazy_love

Crazy_love Said:

"AirPods Pro microphone doesn’t function with certain apps: Obviously it’s connectivity is not wifi, by further I meant few steps back. Just a few steps and the results are obvious enough to prove it is not using the AirPods Pro’s microphone."

-------

Troubleshooting Interference:

Why the Sound Issue?

If this is occurring just a few seps back, then there is interference of sorts.

So, Two Links to Refer to:

No Success?:

Get these replaced: AirPods Replacement, Service, and Repair - Apple Support

Mar 13, 2022 12:19 PM in response to Crazy_love

Crazy_love Said:

-------

Contacted the Developer(s) of these Apps?

Another thing to do is contact the Developer(s) of the apps. You'll find their Contact Us info in the app's site of the App's Store. Tell them what is going on here, and ask them if they have a fix for this. If desired, provide them with a link to this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253736878

Mar 13, 2022 12:13 AM in response to Crazy_love

Crazy_love Said:

"AirPods Pro microphone doesn’t function with certain apps: I’ve been testing my AirPods Pro with certain apps, it seems like AirPods Pro’s microphone doesn’t work with some of the apps (全民party, WeSing etc) while it works perfectly fine for WhatsApp voice recording, some video calls."

-------

Microphone Settings:

Note that some apps have their own settings for volume. So, be certain the input is enabled.

Mar 13, 2022 12:34 AM in response to Crazy_love

Crazy_love Said:

"AirPods Pro microphone doesn’t function with certain apps: [...] I leave my phone on the table, walk further from the phone while maintaining my voice volume. Playback the recording my voice fades as I walk further, obviously it’s using the microphone from the phone."

-------

Bluetooth is the Connectivity:

You're using Bluetooth, not Wi-Fi, so you are losing the connection at a particular point (20 or so feet). And if there are walls and metal nearby, that can decrease the volume as well

AirPods Pro microphone doesn’t function with certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.