Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro error while trying to update

Hi all,

I tried to update my MacBook and after the loading screen, this came up along with a message that said there had been an error during the process. It is telling me to “select the system you want to use to start up your computer”, but nothing is loading for me to choose. I don’t have another computer or cable to use for target disk mode. This is been going on for hours and I’m not sure what else to do, whenever try to restart or shutdown the computer the same thing just happens. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 6:02 PM

Were you updating to a newer operating system or just an update? Shut down and go to recovery and run disk utilities to repair your drive. Then reboot. If it will not boot, go back to recovery and reinstall your operating system.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro error while trying to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.