Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is preventing me from hearing any audio source other than using the phone as a phone?

I have an iPhone XS running 15.3.1 although the problem described predates the upgrade. I can hear the phone fine when I'm on a call but when I try to access something like You-Tube or some clip that someone sends me, there is no sound whatsoever, no matter how many times I hit the un-mute button. I'm wondering if this is because I am not signed into Google, but even when I manage find a site that is not a part of Google there still is no volume. Baffling. The phone, as a phone, works great, volume sliders work etc. Any ideas? Thanks!

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 8:18 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support and see: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies

What is preventing me from hearing any audio source other than using the phone as a phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.