Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant Save As/Upload Files

For the past couple of months I've been plagued by an issue where I can't use any functionality that requires a pop-up/modal/dialog box.

For instance, I was using Adobe InDesign, and I couldn't Save As. I had the choice of using CMD+S to save over my existing file, or close the program and lose my work.

In this situation, I used CMD+S and saved over a file I really didn't want to save over (but I also didn't want to lose my work). I then closed Adobe InDesign, re-opened it to test if the issue still persisted, and it did. Upon restarting my Mac, that fixed the issue.

This also happens in Safari and Google Chrome. When trying to upload a files anywhere, I can't simply because it requires some sort of pop-up/dialog box functionality. In this situation, I've closed/force closed every single program I have open, re-open my browser, and the issue still persists.

Just like before, restarting my machine fixes the issue. However, this is a major hindrance to my work as I keep a few browsers open and a few files that I'm working in open all week. Now I have to lose my place in everything, potentially lose work, and start all over.

I hope someone can please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:45 AM

First question... do you maybe have iCloud Drive enabled?

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 11:45 AM in response to AlphaMediaLabs

First question... do you maybe have iCloud Drive enabled?

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Cant Save As/Upload Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.