Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have not been able to find printer drivers for mac os 10.15.7

I need hp drivers for mac os 10.15.7. Where can I find these?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 8:13 AM

That low-cost inkjet printer appear to do the imaging on the computer, ONLY, and send the data stream to the Printer over USB. The manuals I could find made no mention of any Wi-Fi capability. The last drivers issued are tagged for MacOS 10.6 Snow leopard, but they probably continued to work until MacOS Monterey, which does not allow software that is not 64-bit capable to run at all.

This Printer MAY be supported by the HPjis Driver, an OpenSource driver sponsored by the Linux foundation.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openprinting/macosx/hpijs

These drivers are based CUPS, which has since been adopted as THE printer spooler in MacOS, so CUPS add-ons are very well-behaved.

If this is too hard, that was not an expensive Printer and is now rather old, and you could use this as an excuse for a new printer that better meets your needs. I suggest you look for a network-capable Printer.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 8:13 AM in response to Denise Pelafas

That low-cost inkjet printer appear to do the imaging on the computer, ONLY, and send the data stream to the Printer over USB. The manuals I could find made no mention of any Wi-Fi capability. The last drivers issued are tagged for MacOS 10.6 Snow leopard, but they probably continued to work until MacOS Monterey, which does not allow software that is not 64-bit capable to run at all.

This Printer MAY be supported by the HPjis Driver, an OpenSource driver sponsored by the Linux foundation.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/openprinting/macosx/hpijs

These drivers are based CUPS, which has since been adopted as THE printer spooler in MacOS, so CUPS add-ons are very well-behaved.

If this is too hard, that was not an expensive Printer and is now rather old, and you could use this as an excuse for a new printer that better meets your needs. I suggest you look for a network-capable Printer.

Mar 13, 2022 8:26 AM in response to Denise Pelafas

Denise Pelafas wrote:

HP 4400 series

Please post the full product name. HP offers DeskJet F4400, OfficeJet 4400, PhotoSmart C4400, and probably some others.

Trying to shorten HP printer names tends toward confusion unfortunately, as that vendor has lots of printers, and variously with very similar names.

The usual path for HP printers is either AirPrint (which requires no added drivers), or the HP “Smart” app.

The HP “Smart” app is available in the Mac App Store, as well as in the iPhone and iPad app store.

Whether your printer supports AirPrint or is supported by the “Smart” app depends on which model printer.

OfficeJet 4400, DeskJet F4400, and PhotoSmart C4400 all appear rather old, and all appear to predate AirPrint support.

I think you’re headed toward the “Smart” app here, depending on specifically which printer.

If there are no drivers available from the vendor, or if you should decide to replace the printer for other reasons, here is some more info on: Which Printer Should I Buy? - Apple Community

Mar 13, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Denise Pelafas

Hi,

There is also an HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update download from Apple. It is interesting to note that the three products mentioned by MrHoffman are listed in Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. So, something like the HP Deskjet F4400 series (driver version 3.3.2), HP Officejet 4400 K410 (3.3.2), or HP Photosmart C4400 series (5.0.5) could perhaps be worth a try. This may or may not work with your printer. Look upon it as an experiment. Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing anything.

If necessary: Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

I have not been able to find printer drivers for mac os 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.