Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a message that said my phone had been hacked

I received a message on my phone that said my phone had been hacked and that I needed to take action within 3 minutes and wanted me to download a app for identity

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 11:12 PM

That was a scam message. I hope that you did not do anything and deleted that message. The message was sent to entice you to purchase a useless app.

See below for more information on All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 11:12 PM in response to bobie27

That was a scam message. I hope that you did not do anything and deleted that message. The message was sent to entice you to purchase a useless app.

See below for more information on All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

I got a message that said my phone had been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.