Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing owner info on iPhone XR

I used iCloud to setup an XR I purchased, The owner info was from a iPhone 6 that was given to me by my wife, now she shows up as the owner. How can I delete her info and enter mine without losing the other data?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 3:00 PM

This sounds like you are going to run into a Activation Lock, you need her Apple ID username and password. Normally there is no way to get around activation lock without the original owners username and password, but Apple may be able to help you with this since the phone belonged to a recently deceased spouse. You should contact Apple: Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 3:00 PM in response to pentangle

This sounds like you are going to run into a Activation Lock, you need her Apple ID username and password. Normally there is no way to get around activation lock without the original owners username and password, but Apple may be able to help you with this since the phone belonged to a recently deceased spouse. You should contact Apple: Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Mar 13, 2022 1:21 PM in response to pentangle

What does “without losing the other data” mean?

This iPhone belonged to someone else. Now you’re trying to take it over. The iPhone should be thoroughly and completely cleansed to “like new” software-wise before you “move in” using your credentials.

Here’s how to do that cleansing.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Changing owner info on iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.