Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drag windows to Edge of screen to fill half or whole of screen?

Hi

on my previous MacBook with calalina, there used to be a great feature where I could drag a window to either the top of sides of the screen, and it would fill either a Half or whole of the screen. This wasn't in fullscreen more, but would just expand the window to the appropriate size. I used it quite a lot. Its similar to the one you can access by alt hovering over the red/yellow/green circles - except you'd access it by simply dragging a window.

Now I've a lovely new MacBook running Monterey, I cant find the same feature! Has it been removed or am I simply not looking in the right setting?!

thanks for any help you can give!

Nick

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 6:46 PM

try hovering your cursor over the expand button of the window you want to tile to the left or right side of the screen. You should see something like this:

BTW the "play" in "Move to play" is the name of my second monitor at the moment.

This may not work with all application windows. The above is Safari on Monterey.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 6:46 PM in response to Nickholl

try hovering your cursor over the expand button of the window you want to tile to the left or right side of the screen. You should see something like this:

BTW the "play" in "Move to play" is the name of my second monitor at the moment.

This may not work with all application windows. The above is Safari on Monterey.

drag windows to Edge of screen to fill half or whole of screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.