Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail stuff

I have an iphone 6 and my old apple ID email, will not work for the mail, error comes up as "... is Already Added" and I need this email. What am I supposed to do?!? This is an email I have been using forever and I broke my old phone so I am now using an iphone 6 which may be outdated or something? I have tried creating a new account in order to add this new one, but in settings I can not turn on mail for this account and I can not access other accounts through "mail" in settings. Can someone please help?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 10:58 PM

Is the Apple ID email you're trying to use an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email?

If so, I'd suggest:

1. Going to iCloud.com from a computer, and signing in with your Apple ID.
  2. Click on the Mail app. This will take you to the Web version of the Mail app. You should see your messages in there.

If the email you're using IS from one of the three aforementioned, Apple manages and hosts those email inboxes for you, and you'll be able to see your messages on the iCloud Web application that Apple provides.

If your email is NOT on one of the three aforementioned domains, it may be an issue with your email provider (i.e. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.) You may need to reach out to them for additional support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 10:58 PM in response to christian_97

Is the Apple ID email you're trying to use an @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com email?

If so, I'd suggest:

1. Going to iCloud.com from a computer, and signing in with your Apple ID.
  2. Click on the Mail app. This will take you to the Web version of the Mail app. You should see your messages in there.

If the email you're using IS from one of the three aforementioned, Apple manages and hosts those email inboxes for you, and you'll be able to see your messages on the iCloud Web application that Apple provides.

If your email is NOT on one of the three aforementioned domains, it may be an issue with your email provider (i.e. Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.) You may need to reach out to them for additional support.

Mar 15, 2022 12:25 PM in response to weegmister123

It is a Gmail, and when I go to the ICloud.com I get this message, "To use iCloud Mail, create a new email address by turning on Mail in your iCloud settings using iOS or macOS." Which is unfortunate because I need the same email back. But everything else under my apple ID works find, such as contacts and the ICloud Drive. I will try to reach out to Gmail for further support, I was just wondering if it was an issue with the phone. I will try to provide an update if it works out...

Thanks!

mail stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.