Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 airplay 2 issue with Homepod Mini

Hi all,

i've recently bought a new M1 MacMini: it runs perfectly but after suspension / sleep mode, the connection via airplay to my homepod mini doesn't work: i select from audio menu or via System Preferences the homepod then on the top of this the white light turns on but there isn't audio.

Only way to fix this issue is reboot the mac mini and then it works until the next sleep. I've tried to reset the homepod and the mac is updated to monterey 12.2.1.

Apple have some plan to fix this issue?

Thank you,

Stefano

Mac mini, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 1:39 AM

Hi all,

seems that with last update to Monterey 12.3 the issue was fixed. After two days of use, the communication between homepod and macmini it's a little bit slow but this is a systemic problem inside Airplay2 protocol.

1 reply

Mac Mini M1 airplay 2 issue with Homepod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.