📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro - Input monitoring stopped working

Hi, any help be grateful because this is driving me nuts.

Input monitoring has stopped working for me in Logic, I don't know if I've pressed something or changed a setting. It was working, nows it's not!

I'm using an SSL2 Audio interface which has been great. So I'm getting the dry signal from my guitar, but nothing now from Logic IE: Amp modelling etc etc.|

This was working a week or so ago, but not now. I tried garage band to test it's not the hardware and that's working fine.

I'm fairly new to Logics advanced features but any help be much appropriated.

Thanks in advance 🙂

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 3:52 AM

Hi there, please check if software monitoring is switched on in Preferences > Audio (browse through tabs, if necessary).

If it's switched on, you most likely need to arm the track for recording by clicking on "R" button next to "I" on the track header or mixer channel strip (so the "R" button is bright red).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2022 3:52 AM in response to Bullitt2006

Hi there, please check if software monitoring is switched on in Preferences > Audio (browse through tabs, if necessary).

If it's switched on, you most likely need to arm the track for recording by clicking on "R" button next to "I" on the track header or mixer channel strip (so the "R" button is bright red).

Logic Pro - Input monitoring stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.