Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

image placeholder that has rounded corners

I want to make an image placeholder that has rounded corners.

Is this only possible if I use an image with a masked shape?

Or can I just place an image. give it a 10px corner radius, and then turn it into a placeholder?

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:18 PM

If you are anonymously referring to image placeholders in Apple's Pages application, you can insert the image, and from the Format menu > Images > Mask with Shape > Rounded Rectangle. Drag the grips of the transparent rounded rectangle and expand as needed to cover or nearly cover your image. Click Done. Now, you can make that a media placeholder via Format menu > Advanced > Define as Media Placeholder.

You have no user input to control the corner radius as you would with CSS3 border-radius.

to a media placeholder image:

to another dropped image:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 3:18 PM in response to mac-dad-e

If you are anonymously referring to image placeholders in Apple's Pages application, you can insert the image, and from the Format menu > Images > Mask with Shape > Rounded Rectangle. Drag the grips of the transparent rounded rectangle and expand as needed to cover or nearly cover your image. Click Done. Now, you can make that a media placeholder via Format menu > Advanced > Define as Media Placeholder.

You have no user input to control the corner radius as you would with CSS3 border-radius.

to a media placeholder image:

to another dropped image:

image placeholder that has rounded corners

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.