Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I movie issues

I'm thinking about upgrading from Catalina to Monterey but read about issues with iMovie. I use this a lot and don't want to have issues if I upgrade. Have apple resolved these issues yet, does anyone know?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 2:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:28 AM

Many issues have been resolved, with Monterey and iMovie, some of them by Apple and some on this forum. But no guarantee that all of them have been resolved. I am not aware of any persisting issues of severe gravity, or a problem level any more serious than with other OS upgrades. But that would be in the eyes of the user.

Frequently there are issues that initially arise with iMovie with each new operating system. Most of them are resolved over time with updates. There have been iMovie issues with Monterey, as have been with all previous operating systems. Many issues are specific to the user's computer specs and software setup, so not possible to generalize. Posters on this forum who use Monterey continue to report various issues with iMovie. The issues may relate to Monterey or something else. In the search box at the top of this forum's screen you can type in "Monterey iMovie issues" and that will display posts that report issues with iMovie by users who also are running Monterey.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 10:28 AM in response to jimbo262

Many issues have been resolved, with Monterey and iMovie, some of them by Apple and some on this forum. But no guarantee that all of them have been resolved. I am not aware of any persisting issues of severe gravity, or a problem level any more serious than with other OS upgrades. But that would be in the eyes of the user.

Frequently there are issues that initially arise with iMovie with each new operating system. Most of them are resolved over time with updates. There have been iMovie issues with Monterey, as have been with all previous operating systems. Many issues are specific to the user's computer specs and software setup, so not possible to generalize. Posters on this forum who use Monterey continue to report various issues with iMovie. The issues may relate to Monterey or something else. In the search box at the top of this forum's screen you can type in "Monterey iMovie issues" and that will display posts that report issues with iMovie by users who also are running Monterey.

-- Rich

I movie issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.