Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appstored downloading a lot of data in the background in metered connections

I've seen appstored downloading 24 GB in my company managed laptop and this consumed all the data allowance in the metered connection.

I checked in apple forums and in this question appstored process downloading crazy amoun… - Apple Community they suggest to contact the company that manages the system.

I also checked Metered Connections - Apple Community and since my company is managing the device, I am not allowed to disable automatic updates for the system. For the App Store, I apparently can do it but every time I close the app, the option is checked again.

It would be great to have the possibility to configure metered connections as in iPhone or other non apple devices, in which these downloads won't start unless authorized.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:42 AM

Q - " since my company is managing the device, I am not allowed to disable automatic updates for the system."

Q - " It would be great to have the possibility to configure metered connections as in iPhone or other non apple devices, in which these downloads won't start unless authorized."

A - As pervious posting mentioned very correctly - Speak to the Company and / or Company IT Department.

They are the ones who manage the device as well as Authorizing the Downloads or for that matter Not Authorizing

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 9:42 AM in response to jorgefr1985

Q - " since my company is managing the device, I am not allowed to disable automatic updates for the system."

Q - " It would be great to have the possibility to configure metered connections as in iPhone or other non apple devices, in which these downloads won't start unless authorized."

A - As pervious posting mentioned very correctly - Speak to the Company and / or Company IT Department.

They are the ones who manage the device as well as Authorizing the Downloads or for that matter Not Authorizing

appstored downloading a lot of data in the background in metered connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.