Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to re-enter outlook mail password on ipad 4

Ipad 4 iOS 10.3 latest update. Outlook mail indicates I must re-enter password but when I select re-enter password in edit setting the outlook mail pop out "login.live.com outlook" window appears for less than a second and goes away. Tried adding a new outlook mail but when I select outlook.com the pop up "unable to verify account information" and editing to add the address I get the same error.

tried adding using "other" with Apple suggested setting but did not work.

email is all I want this iPad to do and now for one of my email accounts it won't do that.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 9:35 AM

I am using iPad’s built-in Mail App. As far as using an App-specific password - I CANNOT get to the password entry page, it rises quickly from the bottom and immediately drops back to the bottom. It took many tries of "re-enter password" just to get a screenshot so that I could read "login.live.com outlook" on the top bar ( no other content on the re-enter password page that is quickly popping up and dropping back down). What is most unusual, is that hotmail is still working and it too was setup long ago using the default outlook.com when added.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 9:35 AM in response to Another alias

I am using iPad’s built-in Mail App. As far as using an App-specific password - I CANNOT get to the password entry page, it rises quickly from the bottom and immediately drops back to the bottom. It took many tries of "re-enter password" just to get a screenshot so that I could read "login.live.com outlook" on the top bar ( no other content on the re-enter password page that is quickly popping up and dropping back down). What is most unusual, is that hotmail is still working and it too was setup long ago using the default outlook.com when added.

Mar 15, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Another alias

Be aware that your iPad4, although updated to the most recent supported version of iOS for this model, is obsolete - as is the 32-bit Operating System and system architecture upon which it is based. Your iPad4 and available Apps might not now support the security and network protocols that the Microsoft servers now require.

The majority (if not all) Microsoft productivity Apps now require iOS/iPadOS14 or later. Your iPad4 cannot support any more recent than iOS 10.3.3/4.

If you are instead using your iPad’s built-in Mail App, you are likely to need an App-specific password to access Microsoft Mail services. In common with most major mail providers, AOL, Yahoo, Google and Microsoft all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps. The App-specific password intentionally differs from your regular account password.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page. Once the password has been created, you’ll need to update your mail settings with the App-specific password.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

For Yahoo, more information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

For Gmail:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944

Mar 15, 2022 9:43 AM in response to Another alias

If the iPad is misbehaving, perform a forced restart - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

unable to re-enter outlook mail password on ipad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.