Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43)

I am attempting to move some files from my MacBook Air to a flash drive and this error appears.

"The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43) "

How can I resolve this issue?

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 8:17 AM

Hi mvelez09,

You may need to change or check the permissions for the files you're attempting to move.

1. "On your Mac, select the item, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command-I.
  2. Click the arrow  next to Sharing & Permissions to expand the section.
  3. Click the pop-up menu next to your user name to see the permissions settings.
  4. If you’re not logged in as an administrator, you may need to click the lock  to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password (or use Touch ID or your Apple Watch).
  5. Change the permissions to either Read & Write or “Read only.” 
  6. If you need to, also change the permissions for the location where you want to put the item."

You can also find these steps here: If you can’t move or copy an item on Mac

The article here can also assist: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

Best.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 8:17 AM in response to mvelez09

Hi mvelez09,

You may need to change or check the permissions for the files you're attempting to move.

1. "On your Mac, select the item, then choose File > Get Info, or press Command-I.
  2. Click the arrow  next to Sharing & Permissions to expand the section.
  3. Click the pop-up menu next to your user name to see the permissions settings.
  4. If you’re not logged in as an administrator, you may need to click the lock  to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password (or use Touch ID or your Apple Watch).
  5. Change the permissions to either Read & Write or “Read only.” 
  6. If you need to, also change the permissions for the location where you want to put the item."

You can also find these steps here: If you can’t move or copy an item on Mac

The article here can also assist: Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

Best.

The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.