Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

got a facetime call from unknown Gmail id.

I thought Apple devices were safe until I got a call from an unknown Gmail id. I was shocked a lot. I never share my contact details with unknown persons. Any option to "select receiving calls from contacts" for facetime calls only?

Messages and phone calls are okay to handle with unknown persons but a video call is scary. Sometimes when we are in hurry, we will lift a video call as an audio call. Apple should concentrate on this part.

I saw on the internet, there is a feature for blocking particular calls in the facetime app that is not a solution. If we block that call that scammer will call with another ID. Please help if I miss any option to resolve my issue.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 6:08 PM

That has nothing to do with Apple security,

Your number can be randomly chosen and criminals will try all sorts of way to get your info.

Anyway, you can report to Apple => Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

got a facetime call from unknown Gmail id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.