Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to prevent Audible (or Apple music) starting when connecting iOS device to bluetooth speakers

how to prevent Audible (or Apple music) starting when connecting iOS device to bluetooth speakers

iPod, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:12 PM

Any hack will do for this long standing asininity.

For some bluetooth speakers, headphone, etc. and SOME sound playing apps such as Audible, pairing to the speakers will start the app playing. In addition to having speakers and app with this FEATURE (you must understand it is NOT a BUG), the app must have been the last player used (and therein lies the key to the hack.)

The curious thing about this feature, at least on my new iPod Touch is that Audible isn’t even visible when double tapping the home button. But if I bring it up, there it is happily playing the last book I’ve been listening to. Stop it, kill it, and all is well until I turn off the speakers and turn them back on, and BINGO it’s playing again.

So the hack is some kind of cosmic karma for Audible. The free app CloudLibrary does not have this behavior. Get the app, get a local library card, and you have free audible books. AND if you ensure that CloudLibrary was the last player running, it won’t just start magically when you turn on your speakers. Sweet!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 7:12 PM in response to MaineDave2

Any hack will do for this long standing asininity.

For some bluetooth speakers, headphone, etc. and SOME sound playing apps such as Audible, pairing to the speakers will start the app playing. In addition to having speakers and app with this FEATURE (you must understand it is NOT a BUG), the app must have been the last player used (and therein lies the key to the hack.)

The curious thing about this feature, at least on my new iPod Touch is that Audible isn’t even visible when double tapping the home button. But if I bring it up, there it is happily playing the last book I’ve been listening to. Stop it, kill it, and all is well until I turn off the speakers and turn them back on, and BINGO it’s playing again.

So the hack is some kind of cosmic karma for Audible. The free app CloudLibrary does not have this behavior. Get the app, get a local library card, and you have free audible books. AND if you ensure that CloudLibrary was the last player running, it won’t just start magically when you turn on your speakers. Sweet!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.